This is not your ordinary tea - Ivan Chai Tea has been deemed the healthiest & tastiest tea in the world!
Ivan Chai is an ancient and traditional Russian tea made using the leaves of the Ivan chai plant, otherwise known as willow herb, or fireweed. It is caffeine free and has no bitter taste, no matter how long you steep it, and you can brew it 3-5 times! It has a lovely fruity and floral taste, with delicious depth.
This tea is wild harvested while at its prime, collected by hand in Northern Alberta's Boreal Forests. It is picked away from roads and and sorted with care and attention. After wilting the leaves, they are traditionally rolled by hand and left to oxidize for 2-3 days. After the careful fermentation is complete, the tea is dried and lightly roasted to create a delicious fruity flavour and aroma for your tea cup or mason jar!
Each bag contains 1oz of tea.
Regular Black: tastes similar to a green or a black tea but with no bitterness. Has a pleasant depth and a slight fruity sweetness.
Earl Grey: infused with Bergamot essential oil. Perfect for those who love Earl Grey tea but don't like caffeine.
Summer Raspberry: Sweet, fruity and a little tart. Flavored with fresh raspberries from our garden.
Wild Currant: has a sweet zing from freshly foraged wild currants.
Wild Rose Blush: a delightful hint of rosiness from our wild rose petals.
Disclaimer: These statements and this product have not been evaluated by the FDA. Consume at your own risk. The above information is for educational purposes only. The information provided is not meant to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any health condition. It is strongly recommended that you consult with a healthcare provider before use of any new product especially if you are using medication, have a pre-existing health condition, are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Wildcrafted Russian Ivan Chai Tea 1oz
Ivan Chai was very popular from the 12th century up until the first world war, when it was ousted from the European market and replaced with China and Indian teas.
The Chinese and Indians took the technology of processing teas, as well as the name “chai” from the Russians. Up until 1916, Russia was the largest supplier of tea in the world.
In the 19th century, Ivan chai tea was the second most exported Russian item - even above linen and furs!
Before the 20th century, Ivan chai was the daily drink of choice for all Russians.
In the beginning of the 20th century, doctor Peter Badmayev devoted most of his scientific work to uncovering the secret healing power of Ivan chai tea. People came from all over the world to receive his treatments! He lived to be 110, and could have lived longer had he not been captured and tortured to reveal his secrets of longevity, but he didn’t give in. He even had a child at the age 109!
Hitler was so afraid of this tea, and of the possible super-powers it could give to soldiers, that he destroyed Koporye, the village and factory where many experiments using Ivan chai were being carried out.
PROCESSING of IVAN CHAI:
Ivan Chai is collected during specific times and processed in a very unique way. What makes this tea special, tasty and extremely healthy is that is undergoes fermentation, which unlocks nutrients, expands the vitamin content, and releases new characteristics and qualities that wouldn’t be available through regular drying or souring.
SOME NUTRIENTS and ABILITIES of IVAN CHAI:
“Due to its soothing, anti-inflammatory, astringent (contraction of skin and tissues), enveloping, diaphoretic (inducing perspiration), emollient (gentle, soothing and softening) actions, Ivan Chai has become the basis for many remedies against a wide variety of diseases.”
- Strengthens the immune system
- Powerful antioxidant
- Extremely anti-inflammatory, thus helping to relieve pain. Has the highest anti-inflammatory index among commonly known plants
- Stabilizes blood pressure
- Helps cleanse and detox the body, as well as remove toxins
- Aids digestion, gastroduodenitis and the healing of ulcers
- Treats prostate adenoma and prostatitis, making it extremely good for men
- Relieves headaches
- Soothes and calms stress and tension
- Helps bring balance to the body
- Improves mother’s milk and enhances lactation
- Helps fight insomnia
- Alkalizes the blood
- Fights cancer cells
- Helps with anemia
- Fights infections and allergies
- Helps with infertility
- Clears respiratory system
- Supports kidneys and urinary tract
- Helps increases strength and endurance
- Skin diseases such as dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, acne, furunculosis
- Menopause and menstral irregularities
- Increases the absorption of nutrients and contains about 70 macro nutrients and vitamins. Trace minerals including copper, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, manganese, sodium, lithium, titanium, and molybdenum. Also includes 16 amino acids, and flavonoids.
- Vitamins A, B, PP and C - Over 6x the vitamin C of lemons (Anything that has undergone fermentation will have its vitamin C content raised at least 20%.)
Pour about 1 1/2 cups of simmering water over 2 tsp. of Ivan chai. Cover and steep for 10-15 minutes. It must be covered so as to preserve the essential oils. Sweeten with honey or stevia (not sugar!). Strain and repeat 3-5 times. Delicious served both hot or cold. Can be stored in fridge up to 5 days due to the essential oils. Dry tea in bag or jar will last up to 3 years.
If diarrhea or other allergic reactions occur, stop using. Also, after consistent use for a month or so, some advise taking a break for a few days. Use common sense and listen to what your body is telling you.
This tea is not intended to cure any disease you might have.